Coupon Clever


In learning to control my spending and exploring ways to cut my costs, I found myself really looking at not only the ads but the coupons inside them. Now I had paid attention to clothing and electronics ads but never grocery stores. I started going to the stores that had the things I needed on sale. I used the coupons from their ads and started to see a real difference, but I needed to do even more. I opened up the fridge and cupboards and began writing everything down. I wrote the products, the brands, and the maker and then made a list of what I was willing to substitute with a generic. I would compare the coupons that came in the ads with my list and then started searching online.
Online, I don't know why I hadn't thought of that before! Everywhere I looked there were coupons, but I discovered very quickly that not all of them were valid. Most of the coupon sites had the exact same things, and some were just flat out ridiculous. Where I got the best coupons though were from the manufactures website itself. General Mills, the maker of such names as Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, and Green Giant was a GOLD MINE! Procter and Gamble was huge as well. Now I had to sign up for newsletters, but I also got great things like free samples, quick and easy meals, and the coupons were delivered directly to me.
Watch the stores for not only sales, but some will do a double coupon day, or a manufactures rebates as well. Some stores will also print coupons based upon buying habits on the back of you receipt or money off your next purchase. Don't throw your money away thinking it is just a receipt. The last thing I am going to tell you is don't chase all over town to try to save a dollar, your time and your gas have a price too.
I am going to post some links to some of my favorite sites that I think you should bookmark. I will also post very soon a complete list of reliable coupon sites. I decided to include grocery stores in there too for the people like me who don't actually subscribe to a paper to get ads; we use the TV or computer.


General Mill's
Kellogg's
Procter and Gamble
Purina

Coupons.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free Money at FusionCash!
 

Followers

Site Terms

Please realize all of the posts on this site are based simply upon my own experiences and opinions. I can not be held responsible for any actions you may or may not take based upon the content of this site.
Please understand that the ads on this site are just that, ads of a 3rd party and I may not recommend some of them.
In My Mind or Just Out of It Copyright © 2009